Friday 12 October 2012

Bollywood Break!



My life has been a rollercoaster over the past couple of weeks; starting a degree, successfully auditioning for a Pantomime at Christmas, leaving my old “normal” job as a Waitress to explore new opportunities and working as a “runner” in the BBC!

However the biggest shock was a phone call from an agent I had applied to several months ago asking me if I was available for a dancing part in a Bollywood Movie. The rehearsals were to start in Leicestershire the following day! Obviously I was thrilled and having handed my notice in for my Waitressing job of 2 years in the previous week it felt like fate!
I have never done Bollywood and was slightly nervous but very excited to get started! The title of the Bollywood film I had been assigned to was  "Yamla Pagla Deewana 2" and the director Caeser Gonzales. The cast stars were Dharmendra Deol, Sunny Deol, Bobby Deol. Now, I had no idea how famous these Bollywood actors actually were until I arrived on set to thousands of screaming fans! It was crazy.

I had two days of rehearsals, which I thoroughly enjoyed. I learnt the style of Bollywood dance and made many new friends. After that was a 5 day shoot and in that time all we were filming was a 4 minute dance routine! I couldn’t believe how much time shooting one dance would take. I absolutely loved every minute of it. Hopefully this may lead to more Bollywood opportunities in the future.  Bye bye London, Mumbai here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment