Thursday 8 October 2015

Task 4a


Hi everyone! After an incredible few years of dancing around the world I am finally back to studying BA Hons Professional Practice in Arts. Consequently my blogging skills have become a little rusty!

As I read through Reader 4 and the Handbook, two questions immediately sprung to mind. They are as follows:

  1. As a Company Manager and Dance Captain, one of my many roles was to improve the scores on the shows and to give feedback to my fellow professional peers. Obviously all my dancers and singers were highly skilled and trained so this was often a challenging task; especially as I performed and lived with them on the cruise ship. My question is; ‘What type of feedback has the most positive feedback and impact on individuals and overall show?'
  2. At the moment I am currently working in a Nursery and Infant school. I am often asked to teach dance, singing and drama to these very young children. My second line of enquiry leads on from this. ‘How much impact on a child's memory does music and dance have.’ Also, ‘Is there a correlation between a child who accesses music and movement regularly and the progress in their learning across other subjects?’



I would love feedback from fellow bloggers who are in a similar situation to myself or have pondered on similar lines of enquiry.

No comments:

Post a Comment