Tuesday 13 October 2015

Task 4B- Special Interest Group


‘How much impact on a child's memory does music and dance have.’ Also, ‘Is there a correlation between a child who accesses music and movement regularly and the progress in their learning across other subjects?’

After much discussion with colleagues and my employer, I have decided to focus on my future career in teaching. This leads me onto my professional line of inquiry about the relationship between music and dance and other areas of child development.

After looking at other student’s blogs I can see that there is a strong SIG developing around this professional inquiry. I am currently working with young 3 year olds and I am loving their enthusiasm for dance.

I look forward to communicating with other people who are currently in a similar position to myself.  

2 comments:

  1. There are some great articles in the library on young children an arts education - music and movement - early years or primary - do take a look and see if the sources give you any more ideas on the topic - use key words - e.g. early years music - and see what comes up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Paula, I have taken your advice and found some great articles. One was written by Linda Bance who also had a student placement job in a Nursery School and went on to do research for the London Early Years Music Network. There was another interesting article written by Douglas Lonie. I will continue to reseach.

    ReplyDelete