Sunday 13 March 2016

New books!

A few books that I ordered have arrived... I have a lot to read in the Easter holidays! 

I am particularly looking forward to reading, 'Learning through Movement in the Early Years.' Sharon Tredgett, the author, has over 25 years of experience in Early years learning. The book focuses on the links movement has on the brain and the benefits it brings during a child's early years. It also touches upon the fact that movement can support two key factors of learning; early years writing and different ways boys and girls learn through movement.

Sharon Tredgett believes: Movement in the early years is vital as it impacts massively on the brain, laying the foundation for learning and that movement is important for motor and sensory growth. 

I am looking forward to finding out more :)

Displaying IMG_3559.JPG

2 comments:

  1. Hi Katy,

    Yes, I agree with you, there is so much literature still to read and organise!

    I am looking at Drama and English in KS4 Secondary Education, but through my searches for literature it seemed to me that there is much more written about the impact on movement and drama in early years teaching - especially the idea of 'role play'. I don't know if this helps. I found summon a really good resource, but also, where possible, going to a 'real' library when I have struggled with my literature search.

    How is your inquiry going?

    Jess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Katy - well worth investing in the ideas that are in your inquiry if these will be a part of future practice - how do these relate to the journal articles that research this subject ? Sharon Tredgett looked her up for expertise http://criticalpublishing.com/index.php/sharon-tredgett - sounds good

    ReplyDelete