Sunday 6 March 2016

Planning ahead and keeping on top of everything!

With having a full time job, trying to revise for my Numeracy Key skills tests and doing my final module with my degree, I was finding it very hard to find time to do anything. It all started to catch up on me until I decided to stop panicking and plan ahead.


Everyday, it is important to keep up with studying for this course and therefore, everyday straight after school I have allocated time in which I can do this. This will also help me reflect on the days events and log anything relevant into my reflective journal.

For me, the important thing is to not leave things until the last minute, I am determined to keep on top of everything. On the plus side, Easter holidays is around the corner which really gives me time to get a lot done!

Does anyone else have any good ideas for time keeping? It will all be worth it in the end!



3 comments:

  1. Thanks Katy - the time goes so quickly during the study period - good advice for all of us...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katy,

    I am also struggling with keeping on top of things. I have found that I always underestimate the time that it takes me to do tasks that I set myself. Personally, I have found that taking Lara's advice and using an online Gantt chart really useful as it allows me to break tasks down into sizeable chunks that are realistic for me (I also find the colour coding really useful for seperating tasks for the literature review, inquiry, admin and artefact). The website Lara suggested is: http://gantter.com/ I have also blogged on this: http://jessicaplant.blogspot.co.uk/

    I think allocating time after school is a good idea too. I am working in a similar way to you as I always write in my reflective journal as soon as my 'working day' finishes. I also find that a good way to get myself in the 'study mode' is to visit the blogs and SIGS before I start working. This way I can see the updates people have made and make a few comments. I have found that the more I communicate with the BAPP network the more productive my studying is.

    I hope this helps and we can speak again soon.

    Jess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jessica

    Thank you so much, I will look on that website that Lara suggested. Hopefully this will help me manage my time more effectively. I am determined not to let things get on top of me in this module. It is far too stressful!

    Hope to speak again soon.

    Katy

    ReplyDelete